Google Scholar profile. Total citations: >5500. H-index: 21 (last checked 09 May 2017)
† Joint first author; ‡ Corresponding author
Pre-prints and submitted manuscripts
- Shooshtari P, Huang H and Cotsapas C‡ Integrative genetic and epigenetic analysis uncovers regulatory mechanisms of autoimmune disease. Software available on github.
- Anttila V et al. Analysis of shared heritability in common disorders of the brain
- Brynedal B, Choi J, Raj T, Stranger BE, Bjornson R, Neale BM, Voight BF, Cotsapas C‡. Large-scale trans-eQTLs affect hundreds of transcripts and mediate patterns of transcriptional co-regulation. American Journal of Human Genetics 100:581-591 2017. Biorxiv preprint. Software available on github.
- Limited statistical evidence for shared genetic effects of eQTLs and autoimmune-disease-associated loci in three major immune-cell types. Nature Genetics 49:600-605 2017. Biorxiv preprint Software available on github , , , , , , , Cotsapas C‡.
- Roden et al, Novel determinants of mammalian primary microRNA processing revealed by systematic evaluation of hairpin-containing transcripts and human genetic variation. Genome Research 27:374-384 2017.
- , , KE, ,Cotsapas C‡.
- Garyu JW, Meffre E, Cotsapas C, Herold KC. Progress and challenges for treating Type 1 diabetes. Journal of Autoimmunity, 71: 1-9 2016.
- Barrera LA et al. Survey of variation in human transcription factors reveals prevalent DNA binding changes. Science 351 (6280), 1450-1454. 2016.
- Raj P et al. Regulatory polymorphisms modulate the expression of HLA class II molecules and promote autoimmunity. eLife 5, e12089 2016.
- Tooley JE et al. Changes in T‐cell subsets identify responders to FcR‐nonbinding anti‐CD3 mAb (teplizumab) in patients with type 1 diabetes. European Journal of Immunology 46(1), 230-241 2016.
- Housley et al. Genetic variants associated with autoimmunity drive NFκB signaling and responses to inflammatory stimuli, Science Translational Medicine, 7 (291): 291-93 2015.
- Winsvold et al, Genetic analysis for a shared biological basis between migraine and coronary artery disease, Neurology:Genetics, 1: e10 2015.
- Malik et al. Shared genetic basis for migraine and ischemic stroke: a genome-wide analysis of common variants. Neurology, 84 (21), 2132-2145 2015.
- Morris DL, Fernando MM, et al. MHC associations with clinical and autoantibody manifestations in European SLE. Genes and Immunity 15:210-7 2014.
- Damotte V, Guillot-Noel L, et al. A gene pathway analysis highlights the role of cellular adhesion molecules in multiple sclerosis susceptibility. Genes and Immunity, 15:126–132 2014.
- The International Multiple Sclerosis Genetics Consortium. Analysis of immune-related loci identifies 48 new susceptibility variants for multiple sclerosis. Nature Genetics, 45(11):1353-60 2013.
- Querol L, Clark PL, et al. Protein array-based profiling of CSF identifies RBPJ as an autoantigen in multiple sclerosis. Neurology 81(11):956-6 2013.
- The International Multiple Sclerosis Genetics Consortium. Network-based pathway analysis in multiple sclerosis with GWAS data from 15,000 cases and 30,000 controls. American Journal of Human Genetics 92(6): 854-65 2013.
- Solovieff N, Cotsapas C, Lee PH, Purcell SM and Smoller JW. Pleiotropy in complex traits: challenges and strategies. Nature Reviews Genetics 14(7): 483-95 2013.
- Hatoum IJ, Greenawalt DM, Cotsapas C, Daly MJ, Reitman ML, Kaplan LM. Weight loss after gastric bypass is associated with a variant at 15q26.1. American Journal of Human Genetics 92(5):827-34 2013.
- ‡Cotsapas C and Hafler DA. Immune-mediated disease genetics: the shared basis of pathogenesis. Trends in Immunology 34(1):22-26 2013.
- Maurano MT, Humbert R, et al. Systematic localization of common disease-associated variation in regulatory DNA. Science 337(6099): 1190-1195, 2012.
- Morris DL, Taylor KE, et al. Unraveling multiple MHC gene associations with systemic lupus erythematosus: model choice indicates a role for HLA alleles and non-HLA genes in Europeans. American Journal of Human Genetics 91(5): 778-793 2012.
- Voight BF‡ and ‡Cotsapas C. Human genetics offers an emerging picture of common pathways and mechanisms in autoimmunity. Current Opinion in Immunology 24: 552-557, 2012.
- Hatoum IJ, Greenawalt DM, Cotsapas C, Reitman ML, Daly MJ, Kaplan LM. Heritability of the Weight Loss Response to Gastric Bypass Surgery. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology And Metabolism 96 (10), E1630-E1633 2011.
- †Cotsapas C, †Voight BF, et al. Pervasive sharing of genetic effects in autoimmune disease. PLoS Genetics 7(8):e1002254, 2011.
- Rossin ER, Cotsapas C, Raychaudhuri S, Lage K, Xavier R, Daly MJ. The Use of Protein-protein Interaction in Loci Associated to Crohn’s and Rheumatoid Arthritis Reveals Evidence of Risk Spread Across Functional Networks. Clinical immunology 135: S119, 2011
- Rossin ER, Lage KH, Rauchaudhuri S, Benita Y, Xavier RJ, ‡Cotsapas C, ‡Daly MJ. Proteins encoded in genomic regions associated to immune-mediated disease physically interact and suggest underlying biology. PLoS Genetics 7(1): e1001273, 2011.
- Cotsapas C, Prokunina-Olsson L, et al. Expression analysis of loci associated with type 2 diabetes in human tissues. Diabetologia 53(11): 2334-9, 2010.
- Kirby A, Kang H, Wade CM, Cotsapas C, et al. Fine mapping in 94 inbred mouse strains using a high-density haplotype resource. Genetics 185(3): 1081-95, 2010.
- Cotsapas C, Speliotes E, et al. Common BMI-associated variants confer risk of extreme obesity. Human Molecular Genetics, 18 18: 3502–3507, 2009.
- †Cowley MJ, †Cotsapas C, †Williams RBH, Chan EK, Pulvers JN, Liu MY, Luo OJ, Nott DJ, Little PF. Intra– and inter–individual genetic differences in gene expression. Mammalian Genome, 20(5), 281, 2009.
- Choi E, Yelensky R, et al. Genetic analysis of human traits in vitro: drug response and gene expression in lymphoblastoid cell lines. PLoS Genetics 4(11): e1000287, 2008.
- Cotsapas C. Identifying genetic components of drug response in mice. Pharmacogenomics, 9(9):1323–1330, 2008.
- †Graham RR, †Cotsapas C, et al. Genetic variants near TNFAIP3 on 6q23 are associated with systemic lupus erythematosus. Nature Genetics, 40, 1059–1061, 2008.
- Plenge RM, Cotsapas C, et al. Multiple independent alleles at 6q23 associated with risk of rheumatoid arthritis. Nature Genetics, 39:1477–1482, 2007.
- Sabeti P, Varilly P, Fry B, et al. Genome-wide detection and characterization of positive selection in human populations. Nature, 449:913–918, 2007.
- Pomati F, Cotsapas C, Castiglioni S, Zuccato E, Calamari D. Gene expression profiles in zebrafish (Danio rerio) liver cells exposed to a mixture of pharmaceuticals at environmentally relevant concentrations. Chemosphere 70(1):65–73, 2007.
- Nott DJ, Yu Z, Chan E, Cotsapas C, Cowley MJ, Pulvers J, Williams RBH, and Little PFR. Hierarchical Bayes variable selection and microarray experiments. Journal of Multivariate Analysis 98(4):852-872, 2007.
- †Williams RBH, †Cotsapas C, Cowley MJ, Chan E, Nott DJ, Little PF. Normalization procedures and detection of linkage signal in genetical genomics experiments. Nature Genetics 38(8):855–856, 2006.
- Cotsapas C, Williams RB, Pulvers JN, Nott DJ, Chan EK, Cowley MJ, Little PF.. Genetic dissection of gene regulation in multiple mouse tissues. Mammalian Genome 17:490–495, 2006.
- Cotsapas C, Chan E, Kirk M, Tanaka M, Little P. Genetic Variation and the Control of Transcription. CSHL Symposia on Quantitative Biology 68: 109–114, 2003.